Wilmslow Garden Centre was completely destroyed by fire in June 2011. Following on from other works R H Irving Construction Ltd had undertaken for William Strikes Limited, we were Management Contractors on the rebuild which commenced in April 2012 with the centre opening on 18th October 2012.
A time-lapse camera was set up during the duration of the rebuild and you can view the resulting video via this link; https://youtu.be/u1t62Kt35h4
A range of works were carried out, including;
- Foundations and substructures
- Ground improvement measures including vibropiling
- Superstructure Design and Build Package by nominated contractor, consisting of steel frame, roofing cladding, coverings and transparent opening roof vents; gutters and rainwater discharge down to first floor level, external wall cladding, windows and doors
- Concrete floor slab to heated structures
- External wall brickwork
- Internal partitions and doors
- Floor finishes
- Catering installations including kitchens, servery and seating areas
- Shop fitting works
- Underground drainage – foul and surface water, including rainwater harvesting installation
- Underfloor heating with air source heat pump
- Mechanical and Electrical installations.
- Domestic water supplies
- External irrigations installation.
- External hard-standings
- Landscaping including fencing and gates, retaining walls and ramps and soft landscape works