Due to changes within our accounts team we are now recruiting for an Accounts Assistant or Trainee. The suitable applicant must have the key attributes listed below and is likely to be studying for the AAT qualification or be prepared to undertake the AAT training in conjunction with a local training provider on a day-release basis.
This will be a varied role within a small but busy team of accounts and administration staff. The role is likely evolve over time due to the changing needs of the business, however the key responsibilities you would be working towards would be;
- to assist with purchase ledger activities, to include coding and batching of invoices, processing ad hoc payments/expenses, reconciling purchase ledger accounts and dealing with queries as required
- collating credit card receipts, posting to the system and reconciling against monthly statements
- to regularly update cashbooks and post income/payments/journals as necessary
- to carry out monthly cashbook reconciliations within the accounting system
- producing sales ledger invoices as required and undertake credit control as necessary
- providing accurate accounting information and undertake sundry administration tasks as required
- covering other office roles as necessary due to absence or holidays
Key attributes for the applicant;
- to ensure a high level of discretion and confidentiality due to the sensitive nature of information handled
- have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- be competent in general MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- present a professional and positive image including personal appearance
- friendly and helpful attitude
- a willingness to be flexible, to learn, adapt and develop
- work as part of a team by showing respect and consideration for colleagues, suppliers and clients
- understanding and meeting customer needs
- taking a personal pride in your work
- maintaining well organised and easily accessible records for reference purposes.
- maintain an awareness of Health & Safety
- contribute to the efficiency of the office function in general by identifying, reporting or resolving any issues as appropriate.
Any required training will be paid for by the Company and the starting salary will be negotiable dependent on any experience or part-qualification.
Further information regards the Accounting Apprenticeship course can be found at; https://www.aat.org.uk/accounting-apprenticeships
R H Irving Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual. If you feel you have the necessary qualities to succeed in this role, please forward a covering letter and CV, marked ‘Private & Confidential’, for the attention of Miss Tania Bell, HR Officer, R H Irving Construction Ltd, Hylton House, Borders Business Park, Longtown, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 5TD or by e.mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.