Due to changes within our operations team we are now recruiting for a Construction Site Manager.
This will be a varied and fast paced role, the role is likely to evolve over time due to the changing needs of the business. The suitable applicant must have relevant construction site experience and the key attributes listed below.
To control, manage and take responsibility for the delivery of site-based construction project work, to provide management, leadership and control of multi-disciplinary teams. To meet customer specifications such that all risk, specification and project objectives are met in full by managing all site logistics.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To provide management, leadership and control of multi-disciplinary teams. Management of trade contractors and their integration is key to the role, as is an ability to manage site logistics.
- To manage sites and ensure the work is completed safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality by effectively organising and managing the site activities.
- Understand and work to budgets, valuations and costs whilst recognising contractual requirements.
- Deliver changes to current working practices and procedures positively and where necessary, to provide service improvements through negotiation whilst ensuring effective employee relations.
- Ensure that adequate site records are maintained, including but not limited to Site Managers reports, daily site diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods returned, progress photographs, site inductions and health and safety records.
- Contribute to HR requirements by carrying out annual appraisals, identifying training needs, monitoring operative attendance and managing any performance or disciplinary issues in line with company policy.
- Ensuring staff you are responsible for understand their roles and responsibilities and manage them accordingly by providing guidance and training as necessary.
- Control and monitor the use of all resources including sub-contractors to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
- As a minimum, hold a relevant CSCS card and be SMSTS qualified or other appropriate Site Management qualification.
- Be willing to become first aid qualified.
- Commercially aware with excellent organisational skills.
- Holder of a Full UK Driving License.
- A successful track record in managing operational delivery within a construction environment.
- Able and willing to make decisions following evaluation of options based on best available information.
- Track record of solution orientated approach to resolving issues.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong leadership and management skills with experience of managing multi-disciplined teams.
- Ability to confidently deliver presentations.
- Strong communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Good working knowledge of current H&S legislation.
- Proficient in the application of H&S management.
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity.
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and a flexible attitude to work in order to deal with a variable and demanding workload.
- Excellent role model for team and demonstrates required behaviours to align business, project and team objectives.
- Self-starter that can manage own time effectively.
- Strong team leader.
- Results driven, can demonstrate passion and excitement for own work, tackles problems head on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Adaptability: learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands.
- Lead and motivate the team and be confident to manage performance, undertake and deliver training/coaching as appropriate.
- Is dedicated in meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
The remuneration package will be negotiable depending on experience.
R H Irving Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual. If you feel you have the necessary qualities to succeed in this role, please forward a covering letter and CV including details of key projects managed, marked ‘Private & Confidential’, for the attention of Tania Bell, HR Officer, R H Irving Construction Ltd, Hylton House, Borders Business Park, Longtown, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 5TD or by e.mail to email@example.com.