Due to an increased workload, we are looking to recruit an experienced construction Estimator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for pricing tender opportunities, by implementing estimating strategies on each bid, managing the estimating process and procedures in bidding.
- Understands and applies Company’s quality goals and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all stakeholders
- Provides regular feedback to line manager
- Submits any required documentation accurately and on time.
- Help other people develop their performance.
- Contribute to the process of updating and gaining new industry accreditations
- Remaining abreast of current Company policies and procedures and contributing to required changes, as necessary,
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Prepare and price bills of quantities and terms and conditions for new projects for Commercial Director’s review
- Liaising with the buyer for material rates at tender stage
- Obtaining and comparing sub-contractor quotations
- Visiting prospective sites
- Attend events and client meetings as and when required, including introduction to and liaising with new clients.
- Review contract documentation
- Handing over the successful tenders to the construction team
- Attend tender handover meetings in the presence of construction team
- Prepare commercial documents for tender handover to construction team
- Willing to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work on their own initiative but remembering at all times they are working as part of a team.
- Commercially aware with excellent organisational skills.
- Degree/HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying/ Construction/Estimating related subject.
- Holder of a Full UK Driving License.
- Able and willing to make decisions following evaluation of options based on best available information.
- Ability to compile and improve written bid submissions.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft project
- Ability to confidently deliver presentations.
- Strong communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods
- Able to be a strong team player, as well as work on their own initiative
- Able to manage multiple tenders at one time
- Experience of Causeway estimating software
- Experience of ground modelling software
- Successful hit-rate on tender submission
Attitudes & Behaviours
- Present a positive image of self and Company including personal appearance, punctuality, honesty and reliability etc.
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity.
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines and a flexible attitude to work in order to deal with a variable and demanding workload.
- Excellent role model for team and demonstrates required behaviours to align business, project and team objectives
- Self-starter that can manage own time effectively.
- Results driven, can demonstrate passion and excitement for own work, tackles problems head on and works to resolve them without delay.
- Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Adaptability: learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands.
- Is dedicated in meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
The remuneration package will be negotiable depending on experience.
R H Irving Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual. If you feel you have the necessary qualities to succeed in this role, please forward a covering letter and CV, marked ‘Private & Confidential’, for the attention of Tania Bell, HR Officer, R H Irving Construction Ltd, Hylton House, Borders Business Park, Longtown, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 5TD or by e.mail to email@example.com.