This notice sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in the course of our business, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your sensitive information and how we will deal with it. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (‘the DPA’) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘the GDPR’), sensitive information includes what is defined as your ‘personal data’.
Who We Are
‘We’ are R H Irving Construction Ltd. We are a Company registered in England and Wales with Company number 02903530 and our registered office is at Hylton House, Borders Business Park, Longtown, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 5TD.
For the purposes of the DPA and in-line with the GDPR, R H Irving Construction Ltd is the Data Controller.
If you have any concerns about the way we use your information or any questions about this Privacy Notice, please let us know. We can be contacted via telephone on 01228 792777 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can write to us at the address above.
Information we collect from you
R H Irving Construction Ltd is committed to protecting your personal data when you are using our services. The information you provide us by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise will differ depending on the department it is used in. It includes information you provide when you request a quotation, supply a price or request/submit a payment.
We only request from you the minimum data required for valid business purposes and as required for us to track the information provided clearly or to comply with external regulatory bodies.
The information we hold on you will differ within our various departments, but may include;
- Company name and/or representative or individual customer name
- Contact details including telephone number/s, postal address and e.mail address
- Site or contract information required for tendering purposes
- Contact details of any advisers, consultants or other technical professionals relevant to projects or prospective work.
Accounts, HR and Administration Department
- Supplier, client and subcontractor contact details including e.mail address
- Company registration details and other information to ensure we are able to comply with external regulators such as HMRC, e.g. CIS or VAT registration details
- Bank account information
- Employee information (further detailed in Employee Data Protection Policy)
- Supplier and client contact details necessary to ensure the smooth operation of contracts
- Contact details of relevant external bodies who require liaison in order to complete contracts, e.g. local authorities, architects, specialist contractors or designers.
What we use your information for
R H Irving Construction Ltd ensure that personal data we hold about you is used fairly, lawfully and in a transparent way. We use information held about you in the following ways, to;
- provide you with prices or information on services that you request from us
- notify you about changes to our procedures or policies
- administer our contracts
- enable us to make and receive payment in respect of services supplied
- comply with external regulators, such as HMRC
- conduct credit checks where necessary
- keep our records safe and secure
- process job applications
- improve our services to ensure we provide the best service we can to our clients
- comply with the law and other regulatory bodies.
Where we hold and what we do with your information
The information we hold about you is stored electronically on our secure servers, but may also be stored as hard copy within our locked files, offices or archives. We will never share your information with third parties for promotional purposes.
Generally we will only pass necessary information about you to third party providers who supply services to us or who process information on our behalf and we will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings. Therefore examples of whom we may share your information with are;
- regulators due to statutory reporting requirements
- banking providers for making payments
- couriers/suppliers to arrange delivery of goods or services
- credit reference agencies for credit checking purposes
- legal or insurance representatives in the event of a claim
- law enforcement agencies if there is a legal reason to do so.
- https://www.causeway.com/privacy-policy – Estimating software
- http://www.integrity-software.net/privacy-policy/ – Accounts, Payroll & Contract Management
- http://www.dynamicit.co.uk/ – IT Support
- https://www.tech4office.co.uk/ – Office printing/scanning solutions
- www.davejohnsondesign.co.uk/ – Website development and hosting
- http://www.masternaut.be/pages/privacy-policy/ – Telematics
Website & Social Media
By visiting http://www.rhi-construction.com/ (the ‘website’) you accept and consent to the practices described in this Privacy Notice. Our website does not store any information for our analysis. Any information submitted via the contact form is e.mailed directly to a nominated secure inbox.
Our website or social media pages may, from time to time, contain links to and from affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible or liable for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Google Analytics and Google Plus
Google Analytics may be utilised to understand general trends about our content and traffic sources; for example, where users come from, which pages are most popular, which sites provide most traffic, how our marketing efforts impact the amount of visits we receive. Google’s statement about privacy can be found here; https://policies.google.com/privacy
We use Facebook button to allow you to view our social media information and to allow you to share the information posted on this platform with your friends and other Facebook users. Facebook’s statement about privacy relating their Connect feature is here https://en-gb.facebook.com/policy.php
We use a LinkedIn button to allow you to view our social media information and to allow you to share our posts with your connections. LinkedIn’s information about privacy can be found here https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
What we do to ensure the security of your personal information
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. Our approach to information security is constantly evolving and continually reviewed in line with regulatory changes.
We have policies and practices in place that include, password protection, restricted access, adequate security procedures and training for any staff that handle or have access to sensitive information. Any data breaches are required to be reported to the regulator within 72 hours.
Access to Information
You have the right to find out about what information we hold about you. You can exercise that right by contacting us and we will send you any request for information in a suitable electronic form within one month. To make a request for information please contact email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch.
Where data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, then please contact us and we will aim to rectify that as soon as possible. We may require additional supporting information to confirm any changes requested.
Right to be Forgotten
You also have the right ‘to be forgotten’ and request to have your information permanently deleted from our systems. Again, if you would like to exercise this right then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no charge made for reasonable electronic access to your information or for your right to be forgotten from our systems.
Please note that in some circumstances we may not be able to immediately comply with such a request due to a legal obligation or to enable completion of a contract or transaction.
How long we hold your information for
At R H Irving Construction Ltd we have procedures in place to regularly review what personal data we hold. If you have not accessed our services for an extended period then we will delete your personal data from our systems. Of course, you have the right to be forgotten at any point and can find out more about this in the ‘Access to Information’ section above.
The contractual nature of our business means that some trading relationships will be on-going for a number of years. Therefore information will only be deleted once a suitable period of time has lapsed after contract completion to ensure that all contractual requirements have been satisfied and that no further communication is required.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may be required to edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our website.
We interpret your continued use of our services as consent for us to use your personal information. If you would like to change the way we use your information or remove you from our systems, then please refer to the ‘Right to be Forgotten’ section.
Contact the Information Commissioner if there is a problem
If you consider we have not addressed your problem, you can contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office for assistance. Further information can be found via https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/