Due to expansion within our operations team we are now recruiting for a part-time Stores and Plant Maintenance Operative.
This will be a varied role which is likely to evolve over time due to the changing needs of the business. The suitable applicant must have relevant construction site experience and the key attributes listed below.
- To check and organise goods received to stores and yard, then issue to site as required, completing all necessary paperwork and keeping the stores and yard tidy. Also, to undertake or organise ad hoc maintenance and regular servicing of small plant and tools.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To ensure stores are organised and maintained in a clean, tidy and efficient manner
- To assist with stock control, ordering and completing relevant documentation
- To carry out HAV’s and PAT testing as and when required (full training will be given)
- To work as part of a team to ensure central stores are operating efficiently and effectively
- To ensure R H Irving Construction Ltd small plant and tools are safe and fit for use
- A good working knowledge of the company’s general operations
- Hold a full current driving licence to drive up to 3.5t goods vehicles
- Telehandler license
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Effective communication skills
- Basic computer skills, although training will be provided
- To undertake training towards a HAV’s and PAT testing
- To undertake training in the control and hire of plant and equipment
- Present a positive image of self and Company including personal appearance, punctuality, honesty and reliability, etc.
- Self-motivation – taking personal responsibility for making things happen
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing Company needs
- Ability to accept feedback and a willingness to learn/develop own skills, knowledge & behaviors’
- Work as part of a team by showing respect, support and consideration for the views and actions of colleagues & others
- Effective thinking and decision making
- Taking a personal pride in your area of work.
- To be prepared to undertake all relevant training.
Hours of work: Monday- Friday 08.00am -12.00 noon 20hrs a week initially, with flexibility to increase hours should business needs change. The remuneration package will be negotiable depending on experience.
R H Irving Construction Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, so we welcome applications from any suitably qualified individual. If you feel you have the necessary qualities to succeed in this role, please request an application form on 01228 792777 or forward a covering letter and CV including details of relevant experience, marked ‘Private & Confidential’, for the attention of Ruth Hind, HR Advisor, R H Irving Construction Ltd, Hylton House, Borders Business Park, Longtown, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 5TD or by e.mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.